Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
The Accountant, under the supervision of Benefit and Administration Manager, is responsible for preparing of all payroll and related payments, legislative reporting related activities, working closely both with HR and finance team.
Duties and responsibilities
Payroll and related payments tasks
- Perform payroll accounting, make payroll entries and maintain payroll files for the company employees.
- Ensure all received monthly payroll updates are compiled and organized on time.
- Ensure updates are uploaded onto a system integrated payroll program called Payspace (https://www.payspace.com/) and payroll payment is submitted before 24th of every month.
- Assist in payroll calculations, changes, deductions, and withholding
- Address payroll inquiries from employees in a timely manner
- Prepare termination and severance payment
- Prepare Communication allowance transfer follow up
- Liaise and follow up service charge payments to payspace and communication top up service provider.
- Liaise and work closely with payspace support team and communication topup providing companies.
- Analyze payroll issues and provide appropriate action plans accordingly.
- Ensure staff loan payments and all deductions are in order and in compliance with government and the company policies and SOPs’ accordingly.
Payroll and related reports
- Prepare payroll, tax, labour union contribution, payroll deductions, cost sharing and all legislative reports and ensure they are submitted on time to the concerned government offices.
- Assist in preparation of payroll budgets and cash planning and weekly cash balance report
- Assist in preparation of weekly HR budget to actual expenditure and weekly cash tracker report
- Assist in preparation of monthly bank slip and follow up service payments to payspace:
- Reconcile payroll expenses in the ledger to the payroll schedules from Payspace
- Prepare schedules explaining the monthly change in payroll costs
Policy and procedure compliance
- Ensure that benefits Taxation, Payroll processes are in compliance with government Laws, Payroll Policies and Procedures
- Prepare Payroll Reports Assist in performing Periodic Internal Payroll Audits
- Preparing Documents for External and Internal Auditors
- Ensure over all processes are in proper implementation and compliance of company & government policies and procedures.
- Assists external auditors in providing the necessary documents as required. Performs other related duties as required by the supervisor: